eGrupos Logo
Inicio > Mi Página > Mis Grupos > difusioncav > Mensajes

 Índice de Mensajes
 Mensajes 13705 al 13734
AsuntoAutor
1000 libros digita Rainmake
La Sombra de la Lu Rainmake
El Tiempero (Grani Rainmake
RE: (cav) La Sombr Carmen M
RE: (cav) 1000 lib Carmen M
Re: (cav) 1000 lib DEI
Re: (cav) 1000 lib dora asc
Re: (cav) 1000 lib Gladys R
Re: (cav) 1000 lib Carlos A
RE: (cav) 1000 lib ANTONIO
Re: (cav) 1000 lib Rainmake
ACTIMEL BENDITO!!! Rainmake
Bajar libros de go Rainmake
=?UTF-8?B?4pmlIGZs Rainmake
=?UTF-8?B?UmU6IChj dora asc
compartimos: Infor Rainmake
LIBRO: La RECONEXI Rainmake
El Milagro de la K Rainmake
Cine: Rainmaker Je Rainmake
Leyenda de Milarep Rainmake
=?UTF-8?B?UmU6IChj Rainmake
=?UTF-8?B?UmU6IChj dora asc
Antropologa Alexan Rainmake
=?UTF-8?B?UmU6IChj Rainmake
=?utf-8?B?UmU6IChj Silvia F
Desde el Blog de L Rainmake
Vandana Shiva, la Rainmake
=?UTF-8?B?UmU6IChj Rainmake
Re: (cav) Vandana dora asc
Chile sin Transgen Rainmake
 << 30 ant. | 30 sig. >>

Difusion de Contacto Agua Vital

Asunto:(cav) El Tiempero (Granicero) a las faldas de Don Popo - Ingles
Fecha:Lunes, 7 de Mayo, 2012  09:31:42 (-0300)
Autor:RainmakerCav <nelson22 @.....com>

http://jennysmexico.blogspot.com/2012/05/el-tiempero-of-popocateptl-don-goyo.html

This first-person profile of 'El Tiempero', the one who sees and speaks with the volcano, Popocatéptl, is remarkable for the window it opens on Mexico's traditions, myths and legends. Reed has said, "Myths happen when man encounters the forces of nature."
I have tried hard to preserve the flavor of the original Spanish which, at times, approaches the biblical. Click on the original Excelsior article for great photos and a videoclip.

ExcelsiorSANTIAGO XALITZINTLA, Puebla, April 23 - The face of Antonio Analco betrays annoyance at the sight of outsiders wandering around his community, just because Don Goyo is "making a little noise."

A man with white hair under a hat he seldom removes and skin burned by the sun, he has spent more than six decades at the feet of the volcano Popocatépetl, listening to him purr, observing the winds and clouds. He says he doesn't understand why there is such alarm by exhalations and ashes, "if nothing is going to happen here."

Don Antonio Analco, El Tiempero, from the pueblo of Santiago Xalitzintla, a mere 12 miles (19 kilometers) from the volcano's crater.

In the community he is known as El Tiempero, the one who can see and talk with Don Goyo, as did his father, Pedro Analco, his grandfather, Encarnación Analco, and his father and grandfather before him. His voice is the one that will announce to the people (those closest to the volcano) the moment when they will have to leave their lands, their fields and their work tools to take refuge in foreign territory.

"I am the only one who can speak with the volcano. Sometimes in dreams, and other times when he appears to me on the mountain. He has told me that I might be calm, not to alarm ourselves like the strangers who have come to our land. When 'The Creator' notifies him [the volcano] that the hour has come for him to get up [erupt], then the volcano will tell me in a dream. He will tell me to go out with my people, to take my wife, children and animals and leave these lands. I already told those who came frightened from other pueblos that nothing is going to happen, that the bells did not ring, and that it will not be necessary to go out to the shelters," he says.

Don Toño chats with [this reporter] with the same calmness with which the women cross in front of his shop and greet him. Down the sidewalk skinny dogs roam with children trailing them. The music of a band, hired by the father of a teenage girl to celebrate her quinceañera (fifteenth birthday), makes it seem that Saturday might be a holiday.

Any little boy of Santiago Xalitzintla who might cross the path of a stranger knows where Don Antonio lives. Don Antonio Analco, the one who speaks with the volcano. Among little boys there is still curiosity about men with video cameras on their shoulders and institutional trucks prowling around City Hall. But in adults there is weariness and distrust. They do not understand how the National Center for Disaster Prevention—"with all its little machines"—can figure out if Don Goyo will stand up [erupt]. They know that it takes two: Antonio Analco and the volcano itself.

"In 1994 there were eruptions," recalls El Tiempero, "many police came and took many people by force. When I found out, I went to the officers and asked them very annoyed, 'Has Don Goyo appeared to you in dreams? Do you know what size it is? Would you say something? And then?' And they returned my people to me."

The man closes his little shop and accompanies this reporter on a walk. Twelve miles from the village, black smoke is observed leaving from the mouth of the volcano. The sound of the exhalation is similar to the sound an airplane makes if it passes close. It puts to work the camera crew that arrived last week from the Federal District. El Tiempero looks at them and smiles: "Do they have more years than I? Do they know more about volcanoes?"

He also says that he was given his relationship with the volcano when he was in the womb."As a child I had dreams that I did not understand. Until one day I was bringing some cows to the mountain when an enormous man with snow-white hair appeared to me. He told me that his name was Gregory Chino Popocatepetl, that I was very small but that when I grew older I would have a wife and children, and that my destiny would be to communicate with him in order to serve as a messenger to my people."

He states that recently [the man] appeared. He asked if I was scared. "I said 'no', and then he told me that I was to tell my people that they might be calm. I have told everyone, but those coming from Mexico [City] arrived with fear in the head."

And if the bells of the church ring? The question must be repeated several times in the ear of Juan Castro, of eighty and many yesterdays, and a cane that he never puts down.

Sitting at the kiosk in Santiago Xalitzintla, Juan Castro mentions that he knew Pedro Analco, Antonio's father, "a solid gold Tiempero. I knew him to speak nicely with Don Goyo. Like the time when a drought was wilting the corn, and we got together so Don Pedro might ask the volcano for favors. He asked us to come back with tequila, pulque, cigarettes and food, and we went up to Popocatépetl to make an offering. We hadn't yet made it down the mountain when a rain saved the crops. Or the other, when a cloud full of hail threatened our corn yet the ominous threat disappeared. Only those who speak with the volcano can do this."

Under the ritual

Inhabitants of pueblos near Popocatépetl report that since ancient times, an old man who personifies the volcano and calls himself Gregory Chino Popocatépetl, usually appears in the area.

In a loving manner, he is called Don Goyo and, in agreement with residents of the area, it is he who appoints El Tiempero, who every year leads the birthday celebrations for Don Goyo, to whom are brought various gifts, such as food and drink, especially a gourd full of pulque.

This festival is held every March 12, which is the fiesta day of St. Gregory the Great. The ritual is also part of a ceremony in preparation for the formal request for rain, which is held on May 2.

Because of this year's volcanic activity, the gifts and offerings for Popocatepetl have been exceptionally bountiful.

On the slopes

Santiago Xalitzintla is part of the municipality of San Nicolás de los Ranchos and is the town closest to the crater of Popocatepetl, 12 miles (19 kilometers) away. Spanish original

Still Curious?

CNN Mexico ran a delightful article about the villagers annual spring pilgrimage to a cave on the volcano's slopes in order to request the rains needed for good harvests and for protection against crop-destroying hailstorms. Given 'Popo's' increasing restiveness, this year the villagers' petitions carry special urgency: Maintaining tradition, villagers present offerings to calm Popocatéptl.

The interplay between human life and natural forces begins here: Geography: Ground of Mexico Culture and History. (All-time Reader Rank #2)

Cuicuilco is the site of perhaps the first ceremonial center in the Valley of Mexico; it was buried when the volcano Xitle erupted:  Cuicuilco, Volcanoes and the Fragility of Life in Mesoamerica.

Poetry, science and mythology—this post is a Top-Ten All-time Reader Favorite: Mexico's Volcanoes & Mesoamerican Mythology.

We find the bond with nature right in our Coyoacán (Mexico City) neighborhood: Mesoamerican Culture: The Bond with Nature.

And: Mesoamerican Worldview: Nature and Spirit.

Still more....

Blogspot continues to update this template. On the right side of the screen are Tabs that open when you pass your cursor over them. The Topics tab lists all topics; click to open all posts relating to a topic—for example, click on 'natural world' for posts similar to those listed above.

--

***
***

 Piensas con tu Mente Beta, pero SIENTES con tu Mente Alfa
 que es una mente integrada y completa, y vive en Unidad con
 su entorno. Beta normalmente esta enferma, llena de
 dualidades, y solo un proceso de decantación y limpieza la
 prepara para actividades de mejor envergadura en otros planos
 mas adecuados  de energía.

 Recuerda que: Atraes a tu entorno TODO LO QUE PIENSAS,
 esto es todas tus quejas, todos tus sueños, todos tus
 sentimientos y pensamientos: se asientan.

 Segun esta regla: "Pensar, es darle forma a la mente"
 como nos decia el Yogui Sivananda.
 Cuidate de lo que piensas y fundamentalmente de aquello que
 sientes en este momento presente, puesto que eso es lo que
 atraes a tu vida en este momento...

*
**          Nelson Guizzo te invita a suscribirte
***         al E-Grupo DIFUSION-CAV, pulsando en:
****       http://www.egrupos.net/grupo/difusioncav/alta
*****
******     facebook: www.facebook.com/guizzo.nelson
*******
* Remite: Nelson Guizzo *  Celular: +598 97 137 625
* Rainmakers en la RED: Contacto Agua Vital Internacional
* Antecedentes de Act. Inter.: http://www.antecedentes.zzl.org
* nelson22@gmail.com - Blog: http://difusioncav.zoomblog.com
* E-Grupo: http://www.egrupos.net/grupo/difusioncav

EL CIELO COMO NUNCA LO HAS VISTO
Las imagenes de este español afincado en California y Hawai son sencillamente IMPRESIONANTES!
haz clic aqui

Inicio | Apúntate | Bazar | Grupos | Gente | Quienes somos | Privacidad de Datos | Contacta

eGrupos is a service of AR Networks
Terms of Service